Model PSTX91, White tablet inside water reservoir ??

by Terry
(Minneapolis, MN)

Translucent tablet ?

Translucent tablet ?


I purchased the PSTX91 coffee maker a few weeks ago. It makes very good coffee. I quickly noticed that on the inside back side-wall of the water reservoir, at the very bottom, holds a white translucent flat tablet that the factory permanently locked in place. It's about 1 1/2" tall. 1" wide and 3/8" thick. It comes in contact with the water.

1. What is it?
2. and assuming that it slowly dissolves in the water over time, what am I drinking?

Mr. Coffee customer service doesn't know ???

After investigating further I couldn't find any information on what that could be. It might be for removing impurities from the water, but usually they would be replaceable.

Comments for Model PSTX91, White tablet inside water reservoir ??

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Nov 10, 2011
Coffee Tab
by: Anonymous

I too called customer service and asked. First they said it was a water filtration system. Then he said it wasn't there. Then when he admitted it was there he said it was to eliminate hard water. When I asked what it was made of, he didn't know and told me to email the website. I'm concerned about chemicals in something that I don't know about. Why can't they answer?

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Review.